HAS CONSULTING SERVICES
Hazardous Material Management:- QLD licenced certified asbestos assessors.
- Commercial and residential building surveys: compliance surveys, pre-demolition and refurbishment surveys for asbestos and other hazardous materials such as lead paint, Polychlorinated biphenyls capacitors (PCB’s), synthetic mineral fibres (SMF).
- Asbestos and hazardous material management plans and registers.
- Sampling assumed asbestos building materials and other hazardous substances. NATA accredited certificate of analysis by a third-party lab.
- Airborne asbestos fibre monitoring – in line with the Guidance Note on The Membrane Filter Method [NOHC:3003(2005)]. On-site analysis of air samples. NATA accredited certificate of analysis by a third-party lab.
- Reviewing or producing specific project related asbestos removal methodologies.
- Asbestos in soil visual clearances.
- Critical response to emergency remediation work (house fires, storm, cyclone, accidental damage.)
Why engage HAS Consulting?
Do you own a commercial building?- QLD Workplace Health and Safety Regulations 2011 require all workplaces (unless constructed after 31 December 1989 and no asbestos is present) have an asbestos register on site.
- An asbestos management plan must be written in relation to the building’s asbestos register.
- The asbestos register and management plan are required to be kept up to date and be reviewed at least once every five years or sooner if needed.
Do you want to remove assumed/confirmed Asbestos containing material?- QLD government recommends that building materials are analysed by NATA (National Association of Testing Authorities) accredited laboratories.
Do you want to remove assumed/confirmed Asbestos containing material?- Removal of Friable Asbestos: Integrity inspection of the enclosure, airborne asbestos fibre monitoring throughout the removal and a clearance inspection completed at the end of the works is mandatory. A QLD Licenced Asbestos Assessor must perform the air monitoring and clearance inspection.
- Removal of Non-Friable Asbestos – more than 10 square meters: An independent, competent person must complete the clearance inspection. Air monitoring during removal is not mandatory, however, is regarded as good occupational hygiene practice.
Useful Links:- QLD Licenced A Class Business. Licenced to remove Friable and Non-Friable Asbestos
- QLD Licensed B Class Business. Licensed to remove Non-Friable Asbestos only
- QLD Licensed Asbestos Assessors
- QLD Government–Asbestos information page
- WorkCover Queensland – Asbestos information page
- Asbestos Industry Association (AIA) homepage